11/17/13

My paintings on display!





Hello everyone. Happy Sunday! I wanted to drop in with an update about what has been happening around here. We are of course getting ready for the arrival of our baby any day now. We are due in two weeks but apparently the arrival is fair game at any point now and we could go into labour at any unexpected moment. Of course we are very excited about that but getting ready (if one can ever feel ready for such a life changing event) has been keeping us busy. I had my last day of work on friday and  have been working to finish some freelance projects so that I can take some much needed downtime before baby arrives. All of these things have been keeping me from blogging regularly and from working on some of the creative side projects I always seem to have going on. 

In the next two weeks, granted that baby is on time and not early, I plan to do some of those creative projects that always make me feel recharged and satisfied. I plan to paint and do some letterpress...I plan to just tinker around in the studio and in the kitchen...just creating...

Speaking of the kitchen, I need to fill the freezer with healthy, easy, go to meals so if you have some suggestions I'd love to hear them....sand any recipes my way. 

As for the photos above, I recently got over a fear and handed over my paintings to be put on display/sale at a nearby craft brewery called Block Three Brewing . This was a big step for me as I am always concerned about how my art will be perceived, especially since I have surrendered to this abstract style I have going on. But I keep trying it, and painting it, so perhaps there's something to be said about that. People will either love it, or hate it...something I have no control over. 

I like the attitude Andy Warhol had about art...He said. "Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make more art"  

I love that! It's a good attitude to have...and so it goes...

1 comment:

t a n y a said...

Your art is beautiful.

Hope the baby's arrival is swift and soon!