8/23/13

Painterly wedding stationery...





This past June, our good friends Mark and Elissa got married. They had a beautiful wedding in Pittsburgh and they bestowed upon me the great honour of helping with their stationery. Elissa wanted a whimsical floral theme but left me to my own devices to create something to suit their charm as a couple so I pulled out some paints and paintbrushes and got to work creating their painterly, floral invites. 

As a graphic designer, these are not the type of invites I usually do (or get asked to do) but they are by far my most favourite. I loved sitting at our sunny dining table painting these and nervously hoped that the bride and groom would love them as much as I do...

We travelled to Pittsburgh for the nuptials and sad little me forgot her camera at home which was devastating because not only did I miss photo-ops at the wedding but I also missed photo-ops of a very interesting and intriguing city. So many hills. So many rivers. So many bridges. Someday I will return...just to take pictures...

Anyway, the wedding was absolutely beautiful and I encourage you to check out Elissa and Mark's photos by Hot Metal Studio...they are stunning!

4 comments:

t a n y a said...

GORGEOUS!

Daniella C said...

These are beautiful Kinga!

HomeRefiner said...

Your card looks gorgeous next to those glam glitter heels on their blog!

caitlin marie said...

Love your line and color! Beautiful work!